History chooses its spokespeople. They are those who step forward when all others retreat, those who speak out when all others are silent. National Council of Jewish Women, Greater Houston Section (NCJW GHS) is that force for powerful change.
We invite you to demonstrate your support of our mission by sponsoring our 2017 Gala: A Night in Old Havana. This year’s gala will bring us back to 1950’s Cuban charm as we dance the night away at the Tropicana, play a game of dice, and roll some chocolate “cigars.”
Saturday, November 11 | 7 – 11 PM
HSR Event Center
We are pleased to announce this year’s honorees:
- The Elyse and Lewis Kalmans Family | Faith and Humanity Award: Presented to a family whose dedication and commitment have contributed significantly to the improvement of the human condition. “It is not your responsibility to finish the work of perfecting the world, but you are not free to desist from it either” – Prikot Avot.
- Diane Lee Kraitman | Robin Perlo Berry NextGen Leadership Award: Named in memory of Robin Perlo Berry, the NextGen Leadership Award recognizes outstanding young leaders in Houston for their community work and philanthropy – values that Robin embraced and lived each and every day.
Inspired by our Jewish values, our more than 700 members help change lives through hands-on community service projects and advocacy, benefiting those of all denominations. Proceeds for this year’s event will fund:
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA)
- Home Instruction Program for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)
- SEARCH Homeless Service’s House of Tiny Treasures
- Back-to-School Store providing new uniforms and supplies to HIPPY graduates
- Progressive advocacy efforts to support the individual rights of women, children, and families
With your help, we can continue to be a positive force for change and champion for women and families.
For additional information, please contact our offices at 281.974.6364 or email@example.com.