Section Coordinator Job Position
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN GREATER HOUSTON SECTION SECTION COORDINATOR
National Council of Jewish Women Greater Houston Section (NCJW GHS)
The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
Job Description: Section Coordinator
The Section Coordinator (SC) reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with volunteer leaders and the Board in overseeing the operations of NCJW GHS.
Average work week: 30 hours with slightly longer hours during the initial learning process and while planning larger events for the section. The SC will have set Monday through Friday hours with occasional attendance required at evening and weekend events.
Office: The SC will work remotely with equipment including laptop, software, and office supplies provided by NCJW GHS.
Salary Range and Benefits: Salaried position – commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Section Coordinator
- Develops and maintains electronic and manual filing systems and procedures in Google drive
- Attends all GHS Board meetings.
- Assists ED and Board President in preparing and emailing GHS Board meeting notices, agendas, and minutes prior to meetings
- Attends meetings as designated by the Executive Director and/or Board President
- Answers phone calls and manages mail by visiting post office every week
- Keeps the remote office organized and running efficiently
- Prepares letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Manages donor database (etapestry), donations and gifts to NCJW GHS, membership, and program attendance.
- Tracks income and expenses, makes mobile bank deposits, generates online bill payments and completes monthly bank reconciliation under the supervision of the treasurer or executive director
- Maintains accurate and timely financial records in Quickbooks
- Prepares monthly financial statements for Executive Director review and Board meetings
Marketing / Communications
- Updates NCJW GHS website and writes draft website content
- Manages and updates GHS Facebook page, Instagram, and other social media
- Drafts and sends all eblasts through Constant Contact
- Work with VP’s to assist with program implementations
- Serves as event planner at events and programs, which includes coordinating venues, managing rsvp’s, hospitality, and other duties as assigned
- Assists VP of Development and Volunteer Chair(s) of fundraiser(s) with all aspects of the event
- Attends all event related committee meetings and takes notes at the meetings
- Keeps an updated list of donors’ current contact information and gifts given
- Maintains an auction item database
- Assists with designing program invitations and managing printing and mailing
- Assists with event set-up, clean up, coordinate PR, photographer, and act as liaison to venue staff
- Works with appropriate volunteers to create templates and thank you notes for donations and gifts in a timely manner
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, sometimes under tight timelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented and conscientious about work quality
- Able to work under tight deadlines and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Able to work with different personalities and work styles
- Adaptable to change, innovative and effective in working collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- High level of professionalism with the proven ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in person, and in writing
- Willing to acquire new skills in an evolving work environment
- Supports the mission of NCJW and positively represents NCJW Houston in the community.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider equivalent job experience
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress
- Constant Contact, Canva, Blackbaud, Quickbooks, Doodle, Survey Monkey skills preferred but not required
- Past experience in programming and events coordination
- Strong writing and editing skills
The National Council of Jewish Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Dr. Jennifer Reichek at firstname.lastname@example.org.