- This event has passed.
Lee K Feine Scholarship Applications Due
March 4, 2018
Completed applications and references must be received electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight March 4, 2018.
Lee K. Feine Scholarship: The Greater Houston Section annually awards a scholarship of $1,500 to a student entering the third year of college or graduate school who is preparing for a career that serves the greater community, such as education, health and social welfare, or Judaic studies. The scholarship is based on both academic excellence and need. Scholarships are awarded at a special event in the spring. The scholarship’s name honors Lee K Feine, a career woman who led the rebuilding of a once-shrinking section of NCJW GHS into the dynamic force it is today. For more information, contact email@example.com
APPLICATIONS: Posted in the previous Spring or Summer, applications and two written letters of recommendation are due in early March. (Download the Application)
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
- Must be college juniors or graduate students as of the following fall
- Must be enrolled in their course of study for the following year
- Must maintain a permanent residence in the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area, which includes Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Liberty, San Jacinto, and Waller counties
- Must be preparing for a career in a health profession, education, community or social services, or Jewish Studies
- International students who are here on a student visa do not qualify
NCJW GHS awards are equal opportunity; open to all students, without regard to gender, race, religion, or other. Awards are based on financial needs, academic achievement, and career goals.