Join National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) and become a part of an organization that is focused on improving the lives of women, children, and families throughout the Greater Houston Area, and protecting individual rights and freedoms. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
The Administrative Coordinator (AC) works under the direction of NCJW GHS’s Board and reports directly to the Board President(s). The CO has the primary responsibility of assisting the volunteer leaders in overseeing the operations of NCJW GHS.
Average work week: 30 hours with longer hours during the initial learning process and during two months preceding the annual fall fund raiser. Work will occur mainly during regular workday hours. Attendance is required at occasional evening and weekend events.
Office: The AC will work from a home office with equipment including laptop, software, dedicated mobile phone, and office supplies provided by NCJW GHS.
Salary Range and Benefits: Salaried position – commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Administrative Coordinator
Development / Fundraising Event
- Manage donor database (etapestry): tracks donations and gifts to NCJW GHS, membership, and programs
- Work with appropriate volunteers to create templates and send thank you notes for donations and gifts within one week of receipt
Assist Board Fundraising VP and Volunteer Chair(s) of annual fundraiser with all aspects of the event including but not limited to:
- Attend all Steering Committee Meetings: attendance and tasks as assigned
- Underwriting- including not limited to: mail merge and send letters, follow up with potential donors as requested by chairs
- Auction: duties as assigned including maintaining database of items and assist in acquiring new auction items
- Invitations: work with chairs, graphic designer, printer, and mailing
- Serve as “event planner” at the event. General duties include: event set-up and clean up, coordinate PR, photographer, and act as liaison to venue
- Be “on call” final month before event for all necessary
Marketing / Communications
- Update NCJW GHS website and help with writing website content when necessary
- Manage online membership directory, GHS Facebook page, and other social media
- Draft and send all eblasts through Constant Contact
Membership, Community Service, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Programming
- Work with various VP’s to assist with program implementations
- Serve as “event planner” at events and programs, which includes coordinating venue, managing rsvp’s, hospitality, and other duties as assigned
- Assist with designing program invitations and manage printing and mailing
- Maintain the files of the organization, both hard and soft copies
- Attend all GHS Board meetings
- Prepare and send out GHS Board meeting notices, agendas, and minutes prior to meetings
- Attend committee meetings as designated by the Board President(s)
- Participate in monthly NCJW GHS National phone call
- Attend one National annual meeting
- Work with NCJW GHS Treasurer to maintain financial records and to meet tax filing
- Answer phone calls and manage mail
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but will consider equivalent job experience
- Past experience in programming and events coordination
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented and conscientious about work quality
- High level of professionalism with the proven ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in person, and in writing
- Ability to work with a variety of volunteer work styles
- Ability to work independently; flexible, adaptable to change, and willing to acquire new skills in an evolving work environment
- Strong interest in working in the Houston community and interest in supporting and furthering NCJW GHS mission and goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, & Power Point), Raiser’s Edge / ETapestry or equivalent relationship management system, WordPress, Constant Contact, and SocialMedia
National Council of Jewish Women is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in NCJW. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.